Sunday, June 13, 2010

Life Gets Crazy...

WOW! Summer has gone by so fast so far. I just got back from church camp and it was AMAZING, but before I talk about that I want to update you on what has been happening in my life.

Well, I guess the only thing important that happened was Josh and I became certified scuba divers!! It was so much fun and I cannot wait to go diving in the ocean... as long as I don't see animals bigger than me. PS. We wen down 55 feet and it was dark and cold!

Camp. I've been so busy since I last blogged because we have been preparing for camp. We had to make TONS of videos, plan stuff, pack stuff and yadda yadda (so I, as well as Josh, were at the church in the morning until the afternoon and then running to scuba class or working on the online stuff for scuba), but it was totally worth it. Camp was so good. It was weird being on the other side of things and at times I felt totally unconnected with the students and adults because we were doing so much behind the scenes stuff. I did get to have some really good conversations with some girls at camp and I cannot wait to grow closer to those girls and everyone at the church. Even though camp was tough at times (Josh and I fought one day because he wasn't listening to me and I was getting a little stressed because Josh Herweck went to the emergency room... but that is another story) it was very encouraging. Herweck told me one night that he could tell that I was supposed to be here at camp and a few people told me that they could tell I changed from last year to now. Not that I am trying to brag on myself because I didn't change for myself I changed for the Lord. It was just encouraging to know that I am truly changing even though I cannot see it day to day it is noticeable.

I could go on and on but I want to update you on a few upcoming events.
This Wednesday I am speaking at church. Like instead of Herweck speaking I am... Yeah pray for me that I have the words to say, my nerves get calmed, and people will listen and understand what I am trying to get across.
I also have VBS and possible going on the college mission trip at the end of June.
I'm going on a mission trip to Seattle Washington July 10th-17th.
And also pray for me because y'all know I like to plan and I already planned out my schedule from next semester until graduation and this summer I planned to take World Lit online so I signed up for summer I but I had to withdraw because camp interfered. Now I need to take it in summer II but mission trip is going to interfere. Yeah, so it's not a big deal now, but if I don't take it this summer I am going to be stuck with taking 3 English classes one semester (and y'all know how I stress) and it is going to throw off my graduation schedule I already planned! I know I'm just a worry wart and God will work it out.

I miss you guys so much and hope y'all are all doing wonderful as well!!

2 comments:

  1. if you think about school and that graduation plan, im going to find it all the way from canada and rip it up!.


    i love you so much linds. and i cant wait to talk to you more soon!

    :)

    jer 31, read it. how faithful is the God we serve?. hes so brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE YOU!!
    PS. Add me on skype when you get a chance!! :)

    ReplyDelete